Max Christie will be waiting to hear his name called on Thursday night at the NBA draft, but where will the former Michigan State basketball star land?
Anyone else still in shock that Max Christie will not be a Spartan next season? OK, I know I’m not alone. But the former Michigan State basketball shooting guard stayed the draft and is expected to hear his name called on Thursday night.
Will he be a first-rounder? Some believe so, but there’s always a chance he could fall.
Christie had a decent freshman season with the Spartans but was still incredibly raw. He needed to build some strength and show more consistency, but NBA teams love his potential. He could be the latest first-round NBA draft pick under Tom Izzo’s tutelage.
With the draft on Thursday night, where is the shooting guard from Illinois projected to go?
Final projections for Max Christie based on mocks
Here’s where all the final mock drafts have Christie going.
- NBA TV has Christie going No. 28 overall to the Golden State Warriors, joining Draymond Green and Jordan Poole on the West Coast.
- Bleacher Report isn’t quite as high on Christie, slotting him in the second round at No. 41 overall to the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Another major publication in CBS Sports doesn’t have Christie as a first-rounder.
- Yahoo! Sports has him listed as a second-rounder just like Bleacher Report, but going No. 44 overall to the Atlanta Hawks.
- NBA Draft Room has Christie slipping just out of the first round to No. 32 in the second round to the Orlando Magic.
- Finally, NBADraft.net agrees with NBA TV, projecting the Spartan shooting guard at No. 28 overall to the defending NBA champs, the Golden State Warriors.
It looks like Christie is a late-first, early-second rounder and anywhere from No. 28 until No. 44 wouldn’t be a major surprise.