The second week of the college football season is in the books and the Big Ten is still top heavy, lets take a look at the rankings.
12. Purdue- (1-1)- No real surprise here, after getting destroyed by Cincinnati in week 1, Purdue barely hung on to beat Indiana State 20-14.
11. Iowa- (1-1)- Iowa lost the first game of the season to MAC foe Northern Illinois at home, but did come back at beat Missouri State.
10. Minnesota- (2-0)- The Golden Gophers are an improved team with what looks like to be an explosive offense, but they haven’t been tested yet, we’ll see what they’re made of once big ten season rolls around.
9. Illinois- (2-0)- Illinois has made a steady climb up the rankings since the preseason rankings came out. After a nice win against Cincinnati they face a tough test again #19 Washington at home this Saturday.
8. Indiana- (1-1)- The problem with Indiana is the defense, they gave up 41 points to Navy.
7. Penn State- (2-0)- The Nittany Lions rolled over Eastern Michigan, but the offense still remains a question for me with a young QB.
6. Michigan State- (2-0)- The Spartans are 2-0 but the two wins both came in very unimpressive fashion. The Spartans have a championship defense, but the offense needs to catch up.
5. Northwestern- (2-0)- The Wildcats are going to be a sleeper in the Big Ten, but face a tough test in week 1 against Ohio State, that game will tell me what Northwestern can do this season.
4. Nebraska- (2-0)- The Cornhuskers bounced back in week 2 after struggling to beat Wyoming. The Offense is one of the best in the big ten, but the defense is not.
3. Wisconsin- (2-0)- The defense for Wisconsin hasn’t given up a single point yet this year and the offense is just as good as they were last year with a steady running game.
2. Michigan- (2-0)- The Wolverines are coming off a nice win against the Irish of Notre Dame. The offense looks good but the defense might not be as good as people think.
1. Ohio State- (2-0)- Ohio State is still the class of the big ten. The offense is elite under the guidance of Braxton Miller.