Its the time of year that fans all over the country have been waiting oh so patiently for; Game Week. The season is only a few days away and the Big Ten should be competitive once again this season. Which teams stands at the top of the list? Who might be a sleeper in the conference? Well lets take a look shall we:
12. Illinois- The Fighting Illini had a terrible season last year only winning 2 games all season and going winless in the big ten. Needless to say, Illinois could have a long season.
11. Purdue- Purdue could surprise a few teams this season, they gave Ohio State quite the scare last season.
10. Iowa- Iowa struggled a lot last season and I don’t see them making any real big strides this season.
9. Minnesota- Minnesota won 6 games last season, so why are the Gophers so low on the list? Because they only won 2 games in conference play last season.
8. Indiana- Indiana is very explosive on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense remains a big question. Indiana gave up way to many points last season, 35.4 points per game to be exact.
7. Penn State- Penn State had a great season last year, but the top half of the conference is just to strong for Penn State to compete with the limited players on their roster.
6. Wisconsin- The Badgers made the rose bowl once again last season, but the offense should take a slight hit this season after losing running back Monte Ball to the NFL. The Badgers are also breaking in a new head coach.
T4. Northwestern- Northwestern is going to surprise a lot of teams this year and may end up winning 9 or 10 games this season. The Wildcats return their leading rusher from last season in Venric Mark.
T4. Michigan State- The Spartans defense is undoubtedly one of the best in the country and has been for the past few seasons under Pat Narduzzi but the offense remains the big question. If the Spartans can improve on the offensive side of the ball, they could move up the list in a hurry.
3. Michigan- The Wolverines should be a good team on the offensive side of the ball if Devin Gardner can live up the expectations. If Gardner can’t, the Wolverines will tumble- fast.
2. Nebraska- The Cornhuskers return a lot of offensive fire power led by Taylor Martinez and Kenny Bell, the only real question is on the defensive side of the ball.
1. Ohio State- This is an obvious choice. Braxton Miller is one of the best dual threat quarterbacks in the NCAA and the Buckeye defense is loaded and good. Ohio State is planning on making reservations for Pasadena, but not on new years day.