Both basketball teams lose, a team wins against Ball State, and the wrestling team caves. Get all this and more Michigan State Spartans News here.
- After a lot of anti-Michigan State Spartans calls at the Indiana Hoosiers game, the Spartans fell, 75-70. MSU fell from the number one Big Ten Conference slot to number three, following the Michigan Wolverines and the Indiana Hoosiers.
- The Spartan women faced off against Purdue and lost 67-62 in overtime. The women had a lot of shooting opportunities, however they kept missing the bucket. It will be important for them to work on offense as they go forward – their defense is amazing.
- The MSU Women’s Tennis team won both of their matches today. Against Ball State, they won 6-1. When they matched up against Detroit, they won 7-0.
- The wrestling team lost against Ohio, 22-16.
Upcoming sporting events this week include:
Thursday, January 31:
- The men’s basketball team will face off against Illinois at 7:00 PM EST. I will be live blogging the game here and Tweeting game notes on Twitter @Ronda_Bowen. The game will also air on ESPN.
- The women’s basketball team will play Northwestern in Evanston, IL at 8:00 PM EST. The game will be aired on WJIM and BTDN Spartn All-Access.
Friday, February 1:
- The ice hockey team will play the Michigan Wolverines. The game will air on BTN at 6:35 PM EST.
- Women’s gymnastics goes head-to-head with Minnesota in East Lansing starting at 7:00 PM.
- Men’s wrestling will start at 8:00 PM as they face off against Nebraska at 8:00 PM.
- The track team will be participating in the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational in South Bend.
Saturday, January 2:
None of the games this day will air on TV, but here are the match-ups.
- Women’s Tennis vs. Cleveland State 10:00 AM EST
- Men’s Tennis vs. Princeton 2:00 PM EST
- Men’s Ice Hockey vs. Michigan 4:05 PM EST
- Women’s Tennis vs. Toledo 6:00 PM EST
- Men’s Golf vs The Green and White – this is an alumni match
- Day two of track at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational
Sunday, February 3
- Wrestling vs. Minnesota on BTN.com at 12:00 PM
What sporting event are you most looking forward to this next week?