Here’s a bit of advice before launching into what’s going on with the Michigan State Spartans: don’t get the flu that’s going around. Don’t run a 5k in 30-something degree weather while coming down with that flu and go to a wine tasting in a barn in 20-something degree weather. You’ll wind up in bed, miserable, for a week. Well, at least that’s what happened to me, it’s where I’ve been, and go get your flu shot (or if you’re one of the many currently suffering from the flu, then rest, water and feel better soon!)
In other news, Michigan State is gearing up for a new sport’s season. The basketball team is traveling to Indiana to participate in a tournament for those who have only lost one game thus far in the Big Ten Conference. The women are also playing today.
- The Spartan Baseball team began practicing today. Opening day is scheduled for February 15th, the Michigan State Spartans will be playing Miami – Ohio. Being that baseball is my favorite of all sports, I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform.
- The Michigan State men’s basketball team is in Indiana to play the Indiana in Bloomington Hoosiers. The two teams are two of three teams who are tied for first in the Big Ten with only one loss in the Big Ten Conference (the other team is the Michigan Wolverines). It’s a huge game, and you should tune in. I will be live blogging the game starting at 1 p.m. EST and 10 a.m. PST.
- In the game against the Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State won 49-47.
- The Michigan State women’s basketball team will be hosting the Purdue Boilermakers today. The Boilermakers are the number two women’s basketball team in the Big Ten and the Spartan women are at number four. Michigan State has won six of the last eight meetings between the two teams.
- The Michigan State women lost their Thursday night game against Nebraska’s Huskers 59-54. It is the third game the team has lost overall throughout the season.
- The Michigan State women’s back to back swim meets Friday and Saturday nights were victorious (173-175) while the men fell (177-121) to Oakland University’s Golden Grizzlies.
- The men’s ice hockey team won against Penn State, 5-2, on Friday night, but they lost against Penn State, 3-2, on Saturday night.