In Spartan news today, the Women’s basketball team lost, but another team won this past weekend. A Freshman was named All-American, and the swim team and tennis team are preparing for the weekend.
- Offensive Lineman, Jack Allen, has been named Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America. Allen is one of four players from the Big Ten to join the All American 30-man team.
- MSU wrestling won both duels this weekend. They beat both Bucknell and Lindsey Wilson; 28-11 against the former team and 28-12 against the latter.
- The Spartan Women’s basketball team lost to the Penn State Lady Lions, 76-55. The women were struggling both offensively and defensively, and they were never able to regain the gap created by the Lions early in the game.
- The MSU Ice Hockey team also lost this weekend when they played Ferris State and suffered an 3-0 shutout game.
- In good news, the men’s basketball team won 84-61 against the Purdue Broilermakers in what can best be described as a very physical game.
- During the weekend, William Gholston announced that he would join football teammates Le’Veon Bell and Dion Sims in the 2013 NFL draft. This will leave the Spartans football team down 16 players going into their 2013 season, since 13 of their seniors are graduating.
What do you think of the decisions of Bell, Gholston, and Sims? Are they right to forego their senior years at Michigan State and enter the NFL draft?
Tags: Michigan State Spartans