I hope that you all had a lovely holiday. We’re a day away from the Buffalo Wings Bowl, and the Michigan State Spartans are hard at work preparing for the big game against Texas Christian University’s Horned Frogs. A prime prospect chose a different school, a player has been working on improving his game, and the men’s basketball team has another Big Ten Player of the Week.
- The team is looking forward to playing against TCU tomorrow night. Kickoff is at 10:15PM EST on ESPN.
- Derrick Nix, basketball center, senior, earned his first Big Ten Player of the Week honors following the MSU vs. Texas game. MSU won 67-56; Nix scored a career high of 25 points.
- Josh Cunningham of Morgan Park High School in Illinois is on Tom Izzo’s prospect list for the basketball team.
- Darqueze Dennard, All-Big Ten honors recipient has said he has not yet decided whether he will sign with the NFL’s Draft Advisory Board, other team members including Bell and Dion Sims are also undecided.
- Johnny Adams, Michigan State Cornerback, is likely to be out of the bowl game due to a toe injury.
- On a sad note, former linebacker Reggie Garnett passed away at the age of 38 from diabetes-related complications. He led the Spartans with 111 tackles in 1995.
- The Arizona Cardinals have signed former MSU Spartans quarterback to start in the season’s last game at the San Francisco 49ers.
- Jabari Parker, who had previously stated he was pretty sure he would attend school and play as a Spartan announced that he made a commitment to become a Duke Blue Devil.
Who’s tuning in tomorrow for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl with me? I will be live-blogging and on Twitter.
Tags: Michigan State Spartans