While the Spartans are off for the week taking their finals, recruiting actions have been in full swing. An injury postpones a reunion, and what bowl games should you refuse to miss?
- The highly sought after Jabari Parker has set a date of December 20th to decide between MSU and Duke. Parker is considered a top-three recruit in the nation and rumor has it, he is a potential top-five pick for the 2014 NBA draft.
- MSU has a verbal agreement with Michael Geiger of Ottowa Hills, Ohio, to fill the hole graduating senior Dan Conroy is leving behind after serving for three years as the Spartans’ starting kicker. Rivals.com puts Geiger at number one in the nation for kicking, Scout.com ranks him at number 9.
- It’s looking more and more like juniors Le’Veon Bell and Dion Sims will have some decisions to make this next year as they are shaping up to be NFL second-round potential picks.
- Michigan State former coach Jud Heathcote had to cancel his plans to attend this weekend’s commemorative festivities at the Jenison Field House after slipping on a patch of ice in Spokane, Washington with his wife, Beverly.
- Byron Bullough and Matt Morrissey are legacy potential recruits the Spartans are rumored to have interest in.
- The Michigan State hockey team will be taking on the Ferris Bulldogs on Saturday at 5:05PM EST. The game will be televised on Comcast. A current ranking of the top NCAA hockey teams was released.
- Junior Lauren Wicinski and Sophomore Kori Moster of the women’s volleyball team were selected to the AVCA Division I All-American Teams.
What are some of the recruiting rumors you have heard? Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments section below.
Topics: Michigan State Spartans