While there aren’t any game until this weekend, there have been happenings for the Spartans and for college football in general. Some players are already expected to be high on the list for the NFL’s draft and some players are in trouble.
- Le’Veon Bell is expected to be among the highly-desirable Spartans for the NFL’s draft. Bell wants to focus on finals and on the BWW Bowl before making any promises about an early jump into professional football.
- Three Oregon State football players, Rudolf Fifita, Mana Rosa, and Dyllon Mafi, were suspended from the team following a Friday night arrest for a bar fight.
- Friday’s game at the Jenison Field House is to commemorate historic game that changed college sports forever by allowing integration into college basketball.
- Former Spartan Korie Lucious is faltering on Iowa State’s defensive team.
- MSU bowl tickets are selling slowly; only 2,000 of the 11,000 allotment have sold as of Sunday.
- MSU is being protective by keeping tight control over the Spartan Basketball’s’ best passer, freshman Denzel Valentine.
- Dantonio promises to execute changes in the Spartans’ offense going forward, possibly by having quarterback Andrew Maxwell make more runs.
While there’s not a lot happening this week due to final exams and the upcoming holiday vacation between semesters, the Spartans are hard at work preparing for their participation in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl in Tempe, Arizona. What changes would you have Mark Dantonio make with the team? Do you think that keeping the best passer in check is a wise idea on the part of coach Tom Izzo? Share your thoughts below in the comments.
Topics: Michigan State Spartans