The Spartans are preparing for their bid in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, the men’s basketball team took Loyola Chicago 73-61, and the hockey team lost against Notre Dame. Green and White Today brings you the Michigan State Spartan news you need to know.
- The Spartans are training for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl under coach Mark Dantonio. This morning’s practice lasted 2 1/2 hours and the team members wore full pads.
- Junior Le’Veon Bell was named the CFPA Elite Running Back Trophy Winner for a career best of 1,648 yards in the 2012 season; he holds the record for second-best season total.
- Gary Harris, MSU basketball, was named the Big Ten Freshman of the week.
- Speaking of basketball, MSU men’s basketball beat Loyola Chicago 73-61 while the women lost to Dayton 60-53.
- The women’s volleyball team lost to University of Michigan Wolverines in the regional semi-finals.
- The wrestling team cleaned up the floor with Northern Illinois Huskies – 25-9.
- When competing against U of Michigan, the Spartans lost in the final gymnastics exhibition of the year.
- Former Spartan quarterback, Kirk Cousins of the Washington Redskins, brought the team to victory against the Baltimore Ravens after teammate Robert Griffin III was removed from the game due to injury.
- Friday, December 14th is the date for the MSU Basketball Alumni game. Players will include former greats Steve Smith, Mateen Cleaves, and Morris Peterson. Rumors abound that Magic Johnson will be in attendance of the game. The Commodores are set to preform in concert before the game.
- Spartans lost to Notre Dame Fighting Irish 5-1 in their hockey game.
- A $20 million dollar renovation of Spartan Stadium is scheduled to be completed by 2014.
Will you be attending the alumni game on Friday? Did you see the Redskins game? Post your thoughts in the comments section.
Topics: Michigan State Spartan