Like in the past, ESPN has a pretty sweet tool called “Bracket Predictor” to help your bracket go a bit smoother than simply just picking a team you may not know much about.
If there were any concerns for a Round of 64 upset for any of the six Big Ten teams, those might be put to rest with the technology at ESPN. However, there was one team that may be in line to get picked off, but as a No. 19 seed, Purdue is only a slight favorite to win its game.
Of course you have to be an EPSN Insider to use it, so if you’re not, here is what the Bracket Predictor has in store for the Big Ten’s six teams in the Round of 64.
Note: The odds by ESPN are based on an “advanced play-by-play computer simulation of the game.”
No. 4 Indiana vs. No. 13 New Mexico State
- Odds to win the game = 82 percent.
- Odds from Vegas = Hoosiers -6
No. 1 Michigan State vs. No. 16 LIU-Brooklyn
- Odds to win the game = 100 percent
- Odds from Vegas = Spartans -20
No. 4 Wisconsin vs. No. 13 Montana
- Odds to win the game = 94 percent
- Odds from Vegas = Badgers -9
No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 15 Loyola (Md.)
- Odds to win the game = 98 percent
- Odds from Vegas = Buckeyes -17.5
No. 4 Michigan vs. No. 13 Ohio
- Odds to win the game = 79 percent
- Odds from Vegas = Wolverines -6
No. 10 Purdue vs. No. 7 St. Marys
- Odds to win the game = 51 (for Purdue)
- Odds from Vegas = Gaels -1
As far as we could tell, the only lower-seeded team that the “predictor” had beating a higher-seeded team was No. 9 Alabama over No. 8 Creighton and No. 11 N.C. State over No. 6 seed San Diego State.
Though those might be nice picks, we all know there will be more than two upset in the first round.
Not that this might mean much, we thought at least we would pass it on to those who may not be able to access the information.